This section provides information to know before you start to use the Channel Connect specification.
This guide assumes an advanced working knowledge of HTTP, SOAP, web services, XML, and the client application platform/programming used to consume these web services. We do not attempt to explain these basic concepts.
XML is expected to be extensible; application expects XML message format will work even if new data is added. It is not a static, fixed file format. Hardcoding must not be used since additional elements may be added as the system evolves, for example TPA Extensions or sub-elements not currently in use.
- Hotel Availability - This method provides the ability to search single or multiple properties for detailed availability and pricing information.
- Get Room Inventory Counts - A channel manager can use the HotelInvCount messages to retrieve from SynXis CR all types of room counts for a hotel.
Hotel Descriptive Content API
- Hotel Detail - This method uses the OTA_HotelDescriptiveInfoRQ message and retrieves a robust list of specific hotel descriptive data.
- Create Reservation - This method provides the ability to send reservation requests.
- Modify Reservation - This method enables modifications of previously booked Channel Connect reservations.
- Cancel Reservation - This method provides the ability to send cancellation requests for reservations.
- Create Reservation Notification - This method is almost identical as the CreateReservations method with a few notable differences between the two methods.
- Modify Reservation Notification - This method is almost identical as the ModifyReservations method with a few notable differences between the two methods.
- Cancel Reservation Notification - This method is almost identical as the CancelReservations method and uses the same OTA_Cancel message set.
- Read Reservation - This method enables records to be retrieved from the system by passing identifying information.
- Verify Reservations - Used to verify if a guest stayed at the hotel prior to allowing the guest to leave a review on the hotel's website.
Availability, Rates, & Inventory (ARI)
As availability and rates change in the SynXis system, SynXis will send ARI Upload messages to an OTA system. The messages are contained within a SOAP envelope and follow the HTNG 2010A specifications.
When practical, updates will be grouped together to send as few messages as possible. Messages can be sent synchronously or asynchronously, depending upon the client systems preferred method of communication.
- Change Discovery - This message allows a Channel Connect partner to query a trading partner's system for requests that have availability or rate changes.
- ARI Push Availability - The OTA_HotelAvailNotifRQ message is used to communicate product level availability restriction values to client systems.
- ARI Push Rates - The OTA_HotelRatePlanNotif message is used to communicate rate amount values to client systems.
- ARI Push Inventory - The OTA_HotelInvCountNotifRQ message is used to communicate room level inventory values to client systems.