The Create Reservations Notification method is virtually identical to the Create Reservations method is used to include a confirmation number to identify the reservation, as well as the full details of the reservation.
Returns confirmation that the reservation has been successfully booked, and includes a confirmation number to identify the reservation, as well as the full details of the reservation. Warnings from business processing rules or errors are returned if the request did not succeed. To ensure ease in determining the cause of errors, one HotelReservation node per requested reservation always returns regardless of success. If the reservation is not successfully processed, the node is empty. The error messages returned correspond to the failed reservations – one error per failed reservation in the response.
This API allows a However, there are a few notable differences between the two methods, including:
- The message set used is OTA_HotelResNotif instead of OTA_HotelRes.
- An availability check is not performed prior to booking. The product requested is assumed to be available.
- There is no Two Phase Commit
- Generally, an error is returned if the RoomType code and RatePlan code do not match a room and rate code stored in the system.
- When the rate plan code sent is for a negotiated or promotional rate the promotion code is not required in the RatePlanID attribute.
- Reservation rate amount details are required to process a new reservation notification. Rate amount details must be included in RoomStay/RoomRates or RoomStay/Total.