What is it?
PassengerUpdateDetailsIatci service makes changes to a passenger’s information in the Check-In system for the OA carriers. Examples of passenger updates are edit codes, infant information, frequent traveler information, assign preserved seats, and the cabin class code.
Why use it?
During the check-in process of OA carriers, passenger information may need to be added or modified; because the information may not have been available or provided during the reservation made was incorrect or the passenger is requesting additional services.
How it works
The PassengerUpdateDetailsIatci service provides the ability to update passenger details in their reservation. Updates supported include frequent flyer number, pre-reserved seat, infant and other passenger edit codes.
How to use
The basic information required in the request are the itinerary details and one of the following elements to identify the passenger:
- Flight itinerary like airline code, flight number, departure city and departure date.
- PassengerId - Unique reference to identify a passenger in the Check-In system.
- IATCI carrier details such as airline code and flight number.
- SeatNumber, if* passenger seat number needs to be updated.
- PassengerId and SeatNumber – If PassengerId and SeatNumber are both provided in the request, then there is a validation to verify if the PasssengerId matches with the passenger holding the seat. If they do not match, the request is rejected with an error.
- PNR Locator, with nameAssociationId.
- Infant information, if the passenger is carrying any infant.
- Passenger's frequent flyer number of IATCI carrier.
- BookingClassCode, passenger's cabin class code.