Agency is a Digital Connect functionality that makes it possible for travel agents to make and manage bookings on behalf of the travellers. To be able to use the agency feature, you must first create an agency, and then create agents. When these steps are completed, the travel agents can create and manage reservations for passengers.
Airlines can manage an agency profile with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- On the Agency Login page, the airline administrator clicks the Enroll Agency link and the Enroll Agency page opens.
- The administrator provides all the necessary agency information and clicks Enroll Now. Call to the /profile/agency POST is being sent (with in-line and after-submit validation to detect any errors).
IATA number is being sent in the UniqueId field (if configured) during Agency creation in the ProfileCreateRq (CustomerInsight).
- If all the information is provided correctly, Digital Connect response shows a successful message in the /profile/agency POST response and sends a confirmation email to the administrator (if enabled). The agency is created in the Customer Insight (CI), as inactive, and does not have any funds assigned to it in the Agency Management System (AMS). Airline Admin needs to change the market in AMS, Activate the account using STAN and assign ACL funds in the AMS system.
- The administrator accesses the Agency Management System from the Community Portal and changes the agency market to an active appropriate market.
- The airline administrator logs in to an active STAN (active and editable) version, goes to Agencies tab and searches for the agency. He can search by agency name, IATA number, and state (active and inactive).
- From the search results, the administrator selects the agency. The Agency Information window opens. The administrator changes the agency status to active, assigns the password and saves the changes. The airline updates the agency’s profile information with a /profile/agency PUT request. In-line and after-submit validation is applied to the page.
If the airline enabled confirmation email, after activating and updating the agency account, the agency administrator receives two confirmation emails, one containing the user name, and another one containing the password.
- The airline administrator can retrieve all the agencies created and update the agency-related information such as administrator information and agency information. The airline can decide what fields are available for editing.
- The administrator logs in to the Agency Management System. The administrator can assign funds and credit limit to the agency.
- The administrator can log into the Administrator Portal (with login id and password). The airline logs the agency in with the /login/agency POST service.
- After successful login the airline retrieves the agency profile with the /profile/agency GET service and displays the agency profile information.
- When the administrator clicks the logout link the airline calls /login/agency DELETE to remove from the session the agency information. If the agency is successfully logged out the response returns the result of the logout operation.
Airlines can offer an option to reset the agency profile password with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- Airline displays prompts for agency login (login data credentials).
- The administrator supplies login (username) and clicks "Forgot password" link.
- The airline sends /profile/resetPasswordKey POST with the "username" as a parameter. The airline retrieves the agency profile and email address (if found). In the response, the airline gets "resetPasswordKey".
- The airline sends an email with a reset password link.
- The administrator provides the new password. The airline calls /profile/resetPassword POST with new password and "resetPasswordKey" (to match it with a proper profile).