The Highest Tier Privileges Extension to all Travelers
Airlines may configure the IBE to apply the highest tier level benefits of a passenger in a PNR to all passengers in the PNR. For example, if one passenger in the booking is a gold-level (highest tier passenger in the booking), then gold-level seat benefits may be extended to all passengers in the itinerary. Availability and pricing of seats are presented upon selection of the seat on the seat map. The offering may also only apply to some but not all passengers in the booking and when this is the case, the appropriate messaging and pricing are presented on a per passenger basis.
Seat discounts available to the passenger with the highest tier level may be applied to all passengers in the booking. If no passenger in the booking is a loyalty member, standard seat prices apply to all of the passengers.
This functionality applies to the following flows:
- The Revenue (B2C) Flow,
- Manage Your Booking – Change Itinerary (MYB:CI) Flow,
- Manage Your Booking – Modify Trip Options (MYB:MTO) Flow,
- The Redemption (RBE) Flow,
- Book Now Pay Later (BNPL) Flow.
The /passengers service must be called before the /products/seats service as it validates tier-level statuses of all travellers and stores the highest level in the session.
- The airline calls /products/air/search POST to obtain the list of available flights to the user.
- The user selects a flight.
- The airline submits /products/air POST to add selected flight to the itinerary.
- The airline prompts user for passenger details e.g. passport information.
- The airline uses /passengers POST to add a passenger to the itinerary.
- The feature provides the highest tier privileges extension to all travellers sends each FF numbers entered to CI to validate the tier-level status and then compares all the FF numbers and stores the highest tier level in our session.
- The user can continue shopping by selecting seats and ancillaries, according to the airline’s shopping sequence.
- The airline uses /products/seats operations to show user the seats available on the flights they have selected and to add any seats selected by the passenger to the itinerary
- The feature provides the highest tier privileges extension to all travelers passes FF tire level in the /products/seats Service.
- Product cart is updated.
- When the user indicates that shopping is complete the airline obtains available payment options for the current itinerary by calling /paymentOptions GET. The airline can format the information for display to the user.
- When the user selects a form of payment, completes the payment and decides to purchase, the airline initiates the purchase and ticketing process by calling /purchase POST. If authorization is successful, the /purchase service creates a PNR, EMD(s), etc.
- The response indicates whether the purchase is successful. The airline formats this information to display to the user.