Dynamic Retailer Promotions for Redemption - Ancillaries and Seats
Airlines create promotions to increase sale and acquire new customers. By discounting their extra services airlines encourage people to buy more and therefore create higher revenue.
Digital Connect includes an option to offer ancillaries and/or seats discounts also in the Redemption Flow (RBE) and to pay for ancillaries and/or seats discounts with loyalty points/miles in the Revenue Booking Flow (B2C), the Manage Your Booking – Modify Trip Options (MYB: MTO) and the Manage Your Booking – Change Itinerary Flow (MYB: CI). This is an extension of existing in the Revenue flow ancillaries and seats promotions supported via Dynamic Retailer.
With this feature, the Frequent Flyer users are able to use their accrued loyalty points/miles to purchase discounted ancillaries and seats.
- Dynamic Retailer needs to be activated.
- Dynamic Retailer Ancillaries/Seats Promotions has to be configured.
- Loyalty Exchanges needs to be activated, points should be enabled as a Form of Payment for Booking Flow (B2C) and for the Manage Your Booking – Modify Trip Options Flow (MYB: MTO).
- In the Manage Your Booking – Change Itinerary Flow (MYB: CI) supported via Loyalty Exchanges below conditions have to be met:
- The original VCR paid by points or combination of cash and points.
- No ancillaries or ancillaries paid by cash in the original booking.
- Digital Connect only allows adding seats in the new Exchange flow, there will be no option to add ancillaries.
- As there is no passenger indicator in /pnr/exchange/products service Digital Connect v3.2 is not able to provide the correct discount amount in the exchange flow if there are different discounts per passenger.
Generally, the flow of services is the same as in case of standard RBE Flow, Points in the Revenue Flow (B2C), Points in the Post booking flows: The Manage Your Booking – Modify Trip Options (MYB: MTO) and Manage Your Booking – Change Itinerary Flow (MYB: CI). The only addition is the handling of ancillaries/seats discounts which now can be presented in points in appropriate services (like GET /products/ancillaries, GET /products/seats, GET /products, etc.).