Payment and Fulfillment
Authorization will occur separately from ticketing. Once the 3DS authentication values are obtained, credit authorization will be performed prior to ticketing. An automated historical PNR remark will be created to store the results of the authentication and authorization results.
Airlines can add remarks, SSRs, and OSI to a PNR with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- The passenger shops for flights and builds an itinerary.
- When the passenger is ready to purchase the itinerary, the airline/application adds field values for all applicable remarks, SSRs, and OSIs to the /purchase POST request.
- The airline submits the /purchase POST request, which adds the remarks to the PNR.
Airlines can display SSRs and OSIs to passengers with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- The passenger specifies a PNR for review.
- The Airline submits a /pnr GET request; the results will include remarks in the PNR. The airline can format the information for display to the passenger.
The fraud check feature is a passive fraud prevention process in which the payment details and user contact information are sent to the fraud check provider for verification. This process uses the Fraud Check web service.
Airline can specify if fraud check is performed before or after ticketing of the PNR. All the information provided by the user during payment is sent as part of the FraudCheck request. The Internet Booking Engine adds a remark to the PNR indicating that a positive FraudCheck response was received.
- The /purchase response has a new field (fraudCheckResult) that returns the result of the fraud check.
- If the result is "review" (or some other value that requires passenger action) the airline can then display a message to the passenger.
- Typically, when the status returned is “review,” the airline/application will prompt the passenger is to present the credit card at time of check-in.
The passenger will be advised when he needs to present his credit card for review:
- At the time of purchase.
- At the time of PNR retrieval.
Cybersource and Accertify Device ID Updates. Airline will be able to consume the device fingerprinting feature from Cybersource or Accertify.
The following logic sequence was implemented in sending the phone number details to FraudCheck:
- If airline has enabled Phone Field for each pax AND user has provided a phone info THEN IBE will pass this phone + phone type in the <OrderDetail> section for each pax where phone is provided.
- If airline has enabled Phone Field in the Contact Info section only then IBE will pass this phone + phone type in the <OrderDetail> section.
- If airline has enabled both Phone Field for each pax and Phone Field in the Contact Info section then IBE will use the phone field entered for each passenger to populate the <OrderDetail> and ignore the Contact info.
- If airline has enabled both Phone Field for each pax and Phone Field in the Contact Info section, but the user did not input any phone number details on each of the passenger section, then IBE will use the phone field entered in the Contact Info section to populate the <OrderDetail>.
- If airline has enabled Phone Number field for the purchaser AND user has provided phone number then IBE will pass this phone + phone type in the <PaymentDetail> section.
- If Phone Number is not enabled on Payment Page or it is enabled but the user did not provide any details for it, then IBE will not send Phone Number to FraudCheck.