Digital Connect allows to establish an inventory level for those ancillaries that are limited in quantity, track the quantity sold, and indicate when the ancillary is sold out:
- Inventory information is provided in GET response.
- Validation of ancillary selection.
- Error handling associated with ticketing and reserving inventory controlled ancillaries.
This functionality applies to the following flows:
- The Revenue (B2C) Flow,
- The Redemption (RBE) Flow,
- Manage Your Booking – Change Itinerary (MYB:CI) Flow,
- Manage Your Booking – Modify Trip Options (MYB:MTO) Flow,
- Manage Your Booking – Book Now Pay Later (MYB:BNPL) Flow.
The Revenue (B2C) Flow
Airlines can drive information about the ancillary inventory in The Revenue (B2C) Flow with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- The passenger shops for flights and builds an itinerary.
- The airline calls /products/ancillaries GET to obtain list of ancillaries available for the currently selected itinerary. The Airline formats information about available inventory and sold out ancillaries to the passenger.
- When the passenger selects ancillaries, the airline calls /products/ancillaries POST and validates the quantity of the ancillaries selected by the passenger – if equal or lower than available inventory. If the validation is successful this operation adds ancillaries to the reservation.
- The airline initiates the purchase and ticketing process by calling /purchase POST; if authorization is successful, the /purchase service creates a PNR, EMD(s), etc.
- The response indicates whether the purchase is successful.
The airline formats this information for display to the passenger.
The Manage Your Booking – Book Now Pay Later (MYB:BNPL)
Airlines can drive information about the ancillary inventory in the Manage Your Booking – Book Now Pay Later (MYB:BNPL) Flow with the following sequence of Digital Connect service calls:
- The passenger booked ancillary inventory controlled in the Booking flow and placed the reservation on hold with the Book Now Pay Later option.
- The passenger selects the option to complete the purchase of a booking that was previously booked with Book Now Pay Later.
- The airline prompts the passenger for the information needed to retrieve the PNR, and the passenger supplies the information.
- The airline calls /pnr/bnpl to retrieve the PNR and initialize the BNPL Purchase flow.
- The airline displays the retrieved PNR to the passenger for review.
- The airline can prompt the passenger to add or remove ancillaries (via /pnr/bnpl/products/ancillaries), seats (via /pnr/bnpl/products/seats), or both, to the BNPL itinerary, in any order.
- Inventory information will be provided in the GET /pnr/bnpl/products/ancillaries response.
- The passenger indicates the desire to pay for the booking.
- The airline determines the payment options that are available for the booking by calling /pnr/bnpl/paymentOptions.
- The airline displays the available payment options and prompts the passenger to enter payment details for the booking.
- The passenger enters payment details and the airline processes them with /pnr/bnpl/purchase.
- Error handling :
In case when during shopping ancillaries were available for passenger selection, but they were not yet available during booking, airline can – based on the configuration – inform the passenger about missing ancillaries.