New Distribution Capability - NDC
This workflow allows you to search, price, book, and fulfill NDC Air Offers.
What is NDC?
Championed by the airline trade association, International Airline Transport Association (IATA), the New Distribution Capability (NDC) is an XML-based data transmission standard that enables airlines to evolve how they retail inventory, including the display of rich content and personalized offer bundles.
Sabre’s NDC-enabled, REST/JSON-based APIs support the shopping, booking, and fulfillment of NDC content via a new Offer and Order model. Current highlights include:
- An enhanced version of the Bargain Finder Max (BFM) Air Shopping API that integrates NDC, ATPCO, and low-cost carrier (LCC) offers
- New APIs for Offer and Order creation, pricing, and modification
- Access to NDC offers from United Airlines in the U.S. point of sale for single-passenger itineraries
Throughout 2019 and beyond, Sabre will deploy additional API capabilities and expand the roster of airlines supplying NDC offers through Sabre’s global distribution system (GDS) channel.
To learn more, visit NDC's Finder Article on Sabre Central, Sabre’s Beyond NDC microsite, and IATA’s NDC website.
Your credentials must be authorized to consume these APIs. Contact your Sabre Account Representative if you require access.
You will need to be authenticated to consume these APIs via a valid Session-less token. For details on how to authenticate, refer to the How to get a token guide.
Some [optional] steps are listed below (ex. displaying an Order) in addition to the required steps. Other steps not listed are either not available in the initial release, or are optional/apply to different workflows/use cases.
Step 1: Search for offers using the Bargain Finder Max API (/offers/shop).
Step 2: Confirm the pricing of the offers by using the Offer Price API (/offers/price).
Step 3: Book using the Order Management API (/orders/create).
[optional] Step 4: View the newly created order via the Order Management API (/orders/view).
Step 5: Fulfill the order via the Order Management API (/orders/change).
[optional] Step 6: View the updated Order via the Order Management API (/orders/view).
- Certain capabilities are restricted as part of the initial NDC release. Please refer to the individual documentation of each API for more.
- Access to these APIs is restricted. Contact your Sabre Account Representative for assistance.
- These APIs are only available for Sabre Travel Network (Agency) customers.