We've broken down the basics of getting started with Sabre APIs with this handy new developer checklist.
Step 1 — Get a token
- Get your Sabre credentials from your Sabre account manager, or register for a new account for free credentials. (Hint: Your client ID and client secret, also known as your "API key.") Your Sabre credentials get you access to the Sabre GDS.
- Use your Sabre credentials to construct your token credentials. Your token credentials are your signature to Sabre APIs.
- Use your token credentials to get a token. Your security token gets you connected to Sabre APIs.
Step 2 — How to manage a token
- Get ideas from a detailed air shop/book workflow as to how you can sequence and end a passenger name record in relation to the front-end actions of a traveler.
- Learn more about the security tokens used to connect to Sabre APIs.
- Download our plug-and-play session token manager to manage session tokens, or mirror the logic to create your own in-house token management solution.
Step 3 — Start playing/building
Step 4 — Use our guides to navigate the Sabre universe
- Learn about common terms used by airlines, travel agents, and Sabre.
- Explore Workflows for all sorts of common travel transactions to get you started.
- Explore some of our how-to guides for a "deep dive" into the Sabre universe.
- Refer to our Intros for a quick introduction to some of our most common topics, like PNRs and the Sabre work area.
- Read the onboarding checklist. You're already reading it now! Follow the onboarding checklist in order, and use the sidebar like a table of contents.
- Read our Developer Guides for best practices.
- Learn how to construct a REST sessionless token. Use the step-by-step REST APIs: token credentials instructions with Git Bash or any base64-encoding tool.
- Quickly validate your token credentials were set-up properly. See REST APIs: PostMan requests.
- Learn SOAP request requirements. Identify required values and request format for all SOAP APIs in SOAP APIs: request format.