Sabre API Gateways' Migration to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Part of Sabre's multi-year technology transformation includes moving our on-premise data centers to the Google Cloud Platform. As part of this migration, we're asking all customers accessing our Web Services and API gateways over the Public Internet and Private Wire (Core Connect/dedicated circuits) to reconfigure their applications to point to new endpoints hosted in GCP. Please keep the following best practices in mind:
- Legacy endpoints will be retired on the 29th of September, 2023.
- All Sabre customers accessing the current endpoints must reconfigure their applications to utilize the published GCP endpoints as soon as possible.
- PRIVATE WIRE ENDPOINTS will not be accessible via the public internet.
To make the migration as seamless as possible, Sabre has ensured that all published services and API functionality available through the current gateways are also available through the published GCP endpoints. As a customer, the only change you are required to make is to update any applicable application configurations with the newly published GCP endpoint URL. The table below will allow you to map your existing configured URL to the newly published GCP URL.
Migration to the newly published GCP URL will provide:
- Improved reliability and stability
- Improved security protections
- Improved response times (depending on location)
- A streamlined, auto-renewal process for SSL Certificates
This auto-renewal process will ensure that the proper SSL certificates will auto-renew each year and without notice.
Sabre recommends accepting all certificates signed by trusted Certificate Authorities and not storing them locally to avoid future impacts.
Note: In most cases, the current Private Wire network connection setup supports the new GCP (C3G) endpoints, but not guaranteed. It is determined by the original/current configuration of the existing VPN tunnel. The Gateways Team, Customer Connectivity Team, and the customers should coordinate to ensure that the tunnel configuration is updated on both sides to allow traffic to the new GCP endpoints.
As a part of this technology transformation, all our services are in the process of moving from on-premise data centers to the Google Cloud Platform. Since Sabre is in many Google Cloud Platform locations, the timestamp in payloads may change from 2023-09-29T18:59:00-05:00 (CT time zone) to 2023-09-29T23:59:00+00:00 (UTC time), or any other time zone. Ensure that it's transparent for your software.
A list of current and new endpoints (Public and Private Wire) can be found in the WS API Gateways transformation.pdf and the following table:
* New PUBLIC INTERNET ENDPOINT IP addresses are outside of the existing Sabre network. New IP addresses are subject to change without prior notification. Ensure to create safelists or any other implementation using only domain names - do not use IP addresses for PUBLIC INTERNET ENDPOINTS.
** Airline code, required in endpoints for airline customers.
*** For PRIVATE WIRE ENDPOINTS, it is recommended to use domain names; however, IP address-based configuration is allowed too.
Example - for SOAP and REST:
- Current URL schema: https://webservices.sabre.com/XY
- New URL schema: https://webservices.platform.sabre.com/XY
where XY is the currently used context path.
Example - for airlines only (for SOAP - REST does not require an airline code):
- Current URL schema: https://webservices.as.sabre.com/AB/XY
- New URL schema: https://airline.webservices.platform.sabre.com/AB/XY
where AB is the airline code and XY is the currently used context path.
Sabre File Server Migration
We are asking all Sabre customers currently using the HTTP endpoints http://webservices.sabre.com and http://wsdl-crt.cert.sabre.com to access Sabre APIs files like WDSL or XSD to make an endpoint change or reconfigure their application to point to the new endpoint URL: https://files.developer.sabre.com. Ensure to use the HTTPS protocol in the URL address to avoid errors.
We have two separate URLs that have the common domain main name webservices.sabre.com, but each has a different purpose:
- http://webservices.sabre.com – is used by File Server (port: 80)
- https://webservices.sabre.com – is used as the Web Services Gateway (port: 443)
Refer to the Endpoints Migration FAQ for Customers for additional information.
- If you have any business questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with your Account Manager.
- If you have any technical questions, please contact Customer Care/Support.