The Shop by Alliance feature includes the following:
- Ability to shop for options that are on a specific preferred alliance group (such as OneWorld, Star Alliance, and SkyTeam).
- Use the same alliance codes for Shopping that already exist with Availability by Alliance as follows:
- *A = Star Alliance
- *O = OneWorld
- *S = Skyteam
- Online and interline options for the carriers in the alliance program will be returned
- Ability to specify preferred alliance and non-preferred alliance in the same manner as preferred carrier and non-preferred carrier as it works today.
- Applicable and combinable with all same qualifiers as preferred carrier and non-preferred carrier.
- Applicable with all of the same services as preferred carrier and non-preferred carrier (such as Shop Across Passenger Type and Alternate Dates).
- Applicable with all of the same product capabilities as preferred carrier and non-preferred carrier (such as Alternate city/airport and Customize Routing and Carrier).
- Applicable at a rule level, with same rules as preferred carriers.
- Ability to apply at an itinerary level and/or at a leg level, in the same manner as preferred carrier and non-preferred carrier as are being applied today within the different products.
- Ability to specify multiple alliance codes in one request (more than one alliance code per entry).
- Ability to specify/combine multiple alliance codes and multiple carrier codes in one request.
- Ability to handle included (preferred) and excluded (non-preferred) alliance and carrier attributes in one request.