FLIFO - Flight Information and Schedule API
The Flight Information feature allows passengers to search directly for flight status and schedule information.
Flight Status allows the passengers to access the flight information (scheduled yesterday/today/tomorrow) and to determine the status of the flight.
Flight Schedule allows a passenger to view the flight schedules of an airline based on O&D (Origin and Destination) Pair and date.
- The history of a flight status is not available, only flights that have departed up to 24 hours in the past.
- For flight status, the airline must be part of the Flight Information in order to return status. The status information comes directly from the individual carrier databases. As such, the accuracy of information and/or formatting of these responses is not under Sabre control.
- Codeshare and interline flights:.
- Airline can maintain a separate city paid database and support FLIFO and Schedules for only cities they serve (without e.g. code-share and interline partners).
- Airline may set up a separate O&D for FLIFO/Schedules as normally they do not have data to support FLIFO for code-share/interline flights.
- For codeshare and interline flights, Digital Connect displays the operating carrier information.
- Digital Connect comprises two standalone services:
- GET /products/air/flight/status;
- GET /products/air/flight/schedules.
- When this feature is implemented, Digital Connect provides the following functionalities.
- Searching by route (origin and destination Pair). If the passenger searches by route, Digital Connect obtains all available flights scheduled for seven days including the selected date. Airline may format this information for display to the passenger.
Airlines can obtain and present to the passenger flight schedule information with the following steps:
- In the Flight Schedules component the airline obtains search criteria from the passenger: departing and arriving airports and the departure date.
- When passenger fills all the required fields the airline submits a /products/air/flight/schedules request, GET operation will obtain flight schedule information. Digital Connect exposes the returned information to the passenger – 7-day calendar ribbon (including requested date) with all available flights, stopovers, duration with flight details and their availability based on week.
- Searching by flight number. If the passenger searches by flight number, Digital Connect obtains scheduled departure and arrival times, estimated departure and arrival as well as actual departure and arrival times, and status ("on time", "delayed", "canceled" etc.).
- Searching by route (origin and destination). If the passenger searches by route, Digital Connect obtains all flights scheduled for that day and to present them to the passenger. The passenger is able to select a flight to view the flight details listed above.
- Airlines can obtain and present to the passenger flight status information with the following steps:
- In the Flight Status component, the airline obtains search criteria from the passenger. Depends on the search preferences the airline UI presents separate tabs for:
- Search by flight number – the airline prompts the passenger for the departure date, airline code and flight number;
- Search by route – the airline prompts the passenger for the departure and arrival airports and the departure date. The airline will display all flights scheduled and the passenger selects the appropriate flight.
- When the passenger fills all the required fields (in case of flight mode search) or selects desired flight (in case of route mode search) the airline submits a /products/air/flight/status request, GET operation to obtain flight status information. Airline UI displays the returned information to the passenger.