What is it?
The Geo Search V4 API identifies airports, hotels, rail stations, and car rental locations that fall within a given geographic search location using a radius search. It has three different types of location resolutions:
- An airport or multi-airport city (MAC) code
- A Geo (latitude and longitude) code
- The name of the location (e.g. town or city name)
Why use it?
The Geo Search API
- allows customers to search hotels based on Airport Code/POI/Address/City Name/Rail staions/Geo Code (latitude and longitude).
- includes an additional Radius parameter, which allows a radius search up to 200 miles or kilometers wide.
- provides two filters
LOCALAREAto use with the GeoSearch criteria.
- returns a brief description of the hotels, cars, rail stations, or airports located within the search parameters.
How it works
The Geo Search V4 API is mainly used by the CSL platform which uses global IDs.
It provides three types of searches:
By GeoCode: provide the Latitude and Longitude for a particular radius.
By RefPoint: provide the type of reference points. (There are various type of reference points.)
For RefPoint search,
ValueContextis set to either
Search by RefPointType ValueContext Airport code 6 'CODE' Polygon ID 37 'CODE' Hotel code 11 'CODE' Point Of Interest (POI) 16 'NAME' RAIL 7 'NAME'
By address: provide the complete or partial address information such as street, city, postal code, country, state/province, country code etc.
The Geo Search V4 API also provides two types of filters in the name of GeoAttributes to narrow down the returned hotel properties.
- Chain - e.g.: EN
- Local Area - e.g. : Stuttgart greater area
Note: You can give a maximum of twenty chain/local areas or chain and local areas as filters.
How to use
This API offers the https://api-crt.cert.havail.sabre.com/v4/geo/search endpoint.
Get available hotels information based on generic search qualifiers like Geo Code, RefPoint, Address and more.
POST https://api-crt.cert.havail.sabre.com/v4/geo/search HTTP/1.1