What is it?
The Geo Search V2 API identifies airports, hotels, and car rental locations that fall within a given geographic search location using a radius search. It has three different types of location resolutions:
- An airport or multi-airport city (MAC) code
- A Geo (latitude and longitude) code
- The name of the location (e.g. town or city name)
Why use it?
• This API allows the customers to search the hotels based on Airport Code/POI/Address/City Name/Geo Code (latitude and longitude).
• The API also includes the additional Radius parameter which allows a radius search that is up to 200 miles or kilometers wide.
• The API also provides two filters
LOCALAREA used with GeoSearch criteria.
• Finally, this API provides a brief description of the hotels, cars or airports located within the search's parameters.
How it works
The GeoSearch V2 API is mainly used by the CSL platform which uses global IDs. It provides three types of searches: • Search by Geo Code (Latitude and Longitude) for a particular radius. • Search by RefPoint: Different types of reference points are available. For RefPoint search ValueContext value is either set to CODE/NAME. • search by Airport code RefPointType is 6 and ValueContext = 'CODE' • search by City Name/Place RefPointType is 5 and ValueContext ='NAME' • search by polygon ID RefPointType is 37 and ValueContext = 'CODE' • search by hotelcode RefPointType is 11 and ValueContext = 'CODE' • Search by POI RefPointType is 16 and ValueContext ='NAME' • Search by address; provide complete address information such as street, city, postal code, country, state/province, country code etc.
The GeoSearch V2 API also provides two types of filters in the name of GeoAttributes for narrowing the returned hotel properties. Filter using Chain e.g.: EN Filter using Local Area e.g. : Stuttgart greater area A maximum of five chain/local areas or chain and local areas can be given as filters.
How to use
This API offers the https://api-crt.cert.havail.sabre.com/v2/geo/search endpoint.
Get available hotels information based on generic search qualifiers like Geo Code, RefPoint, Address and more.
POST https://api-crt.cert.havail.sabre.com/v2/geo/search HTTP/1.1