What is it?
The CKI Seat Block API allows you to block seats in a flight. This API is flexible to block a single seat or a range of seats.
Why use it?
Airport operation requires agents to block certain seats as part of their operating procedures.
The seats could be blocked for premium customers, crew or in anticipation to accommodate last-minute bookings and upgrades.
The seats could be blocked to indicate the seats are broken or for any other reason.
How it works
The CKI Seat Block API allows to block seats from the seat map. In a single request, you can place a single block code to a seat. However, multiple blocks can be assigned to one seat, but only one block code will display on the seat map.
If the seat (s) are successfully blocked for the requested data, then SeatBlockRQ service response will have the details of list of affected seats, list of passengers offloaded.
How to use
The first thing which is mandatory information you can provide in the request is indicated below -
- Airline code
- Departure date
- Flight number
- Departure airport code
- Arrival airport code
- Cabin class code
Along with itinerary details, you must provide details of the Seat number and the block code. You can request SeatBlock service to block seats on the seat map by using a couple of options as follows -
- seatNumberList – List of seat numbers.
- rowNumberList- List of row numbers.
- rowRangeList- Range of rows.
- rowRangeColumnGroupList- Range of rows for specific columns group list to block.
- rowNumberColumnRangeList- Range of columns for a specific row number.
- rowNumberColumnGroupList- A specific row for specific columns group list to block.