What is it?
The Hotel Search API provides multiple location resolution methods (including polygon search) to search and retrieve matching property content that does not contain availability.
Why use it?
Retrieve an orchestrated list of properties with images and static content (such as amenities offered and location information) without the need to provide a specific stay period for availability. Hotel Search utilizes multiple advanced search filter options based on property/image content and enables customization of the search response. It can return up to 300 hotels, sorted using one of two criteria: Distance and Sabre Rating.
How it works
- Hotels falling within a given search location are retrieved using the Geo Search API.
- Apply a filter, such as Sabre Rating, in the call to narrow your search.
- Static information and a default image are then fetched for the filtered list of hotels.
How to use
You can search for hotels in a general location using any of the following location formats:
- Latitude and longitude
- Address of the location
- Airport/city codes
- Nearest point(s) of interest
- Polygon IDs
Decide on filtering criteria:
- Decide on the filtering criteria you'd like to use, if you wish to apply any filters to the response at all. Refer to the request documentation for a full list of filtering criteria.
- With all required parameters complete, make a call to HotelSearchRQ.