What is it?
The Exchange Booking API is used to update the itinerary and create a Price Quote Reissue (PQR) Record for a ticket exchange in a single API call.
Why use it?
You can use this API to:
- Updates the itinerary and creates a Price Quote Reissue (PQR) Record for a ticket exchange in a single API call.
- Specifies a price tolerance threshold for the Automated Exchanges Comparison response.
- Return details of the generated PQR record.
- Manages sessions on behalf of the client's application.
- Successfully issues a PQR via error handling.
How it works
The Exchange Booking API performs several steps to issue a Price Quote Reissue Record (PQR):
- Performs an “ignore transaction” call to ensure that the work area is clear.
- Retrieves the existing reservation using a record locator provided within the payload.
- Cancels specified PNR air segments and books new segments.
- Performs automated exchange comparison and confirmation calls.
- Commits the newly generated PQR into the PNR. Depending on the input, the API can retrieve PQR details and/or retrieve full reservation details.
How to use
- A single PQR is generated by sending a single instance of
- Depending on the choices, the API will:
- Cancel specific air segments (
- Add new segments to the reservation (
- Keep specific segments unchanged (
- The API then automatically select segments to be passed onto the Automated Exchanges comparison step.
The service response will contain the generated PQR number as a default:
- Depending on the choice, the service response may include full PQR details: (
/ExchangeBookingRQ/PostProcessing/@returnPQRInfo=”true”) or full reservation details (