Digital Connect 23.06 Release Notes
|Type (Version, Update, or Patch)
|Description of Change
Digital Connect introduces the following enhancements:
- Multi-airport cities feature enhancement
- More flexible cash + points transaction, when the points are less than the base fare value
- Enhanced error message for reprice discrepancy in /purchase service
- Enhanced Metasearch with Office Accounting Code (OAC) injection capability
- Enhanced Office Accounting Code (OAC) injection with timezone in regular search
Multi-airport cities enhancement
With this enhancement, Digital Connect improves the performance of the multi-airport cities feature within the Exchange workflow. It ensures that the DC property which checks the connection based on city instead of airport is triggered despite the ‘notMultiCity’ mutation rule being enabled. This enables the passenger to enter the exchange flow even when their PNR itinerary is of multi-city type, but both airports are under the same city code in the DC database. Thanks to this enhancement along with the current airline UI setup, passengers can change itinerary dates in their multi-city PNR. To enable passengers to change their route along the dates (provided the fares and downlines allow for it), a rule must be defined in SSRCM that defines which co-located airports should be allowed and for which routes.
- This is an enhancement to the support for multi-city code functionality introduced in DC version 22.06.
- Both airports must be defined under one city code in Digital Connect database.
- Circle trips will still be blocked as true multi-city.
More flexible cash + points transaction, when the points are less than the base fare value
As an enhancement to the Sabre Dynamic Rewards functionality, Digital Connect expands the points of sale logic to enable the use of different cash to points ratios in redemption-only transactions (i.e. base fare paid fully with points), and in transactions paid for base fare with both cash and points. The conversion ratio in the Award Conversion Database (ACD) is used in redemption-only transactions, and a separate, configurable fixed conversion ratio is used in cash and points transactions.
This enhancement affects the following services:
- PUT /products
- File conversion ratios in Award Conversion Database (ACD).
- Configure fixed conversion ratio where base fare is not paid fully with points.
Enhanced error message for reprice discrepancy in /purchase service
Digital Connect introduces an enhancement to the /purchase call error notifications in case of call failures caused by a reprice discrepancy. Instead of a generic 'technical error' message, the service now returns a case-specific error message - "Price discrepancy while processing the request. Retry the service."
Enhanced Metasearch with Office Accounting Code (OAC) injection capability
Digital Connect enhances on the previously introduced OAC injection capability. Travel agencies can now apply agency data sent by the airline in the service request instead of relying on Pseudo City Code (PCC) resolver logic. Agencies are now able to use OAC injection in metasearch links.
Enhanced Office Accounting Code (OAC) injection with timezone in regular search
Agencies with OAC injection using the regular search will now need to add the timezone as part of the request. In failing to add, there is a DC configuration which needs to be configured, to be picked as default time zone.