6 Powerful Ways Content Services for Lodging Will Change How You Access Hotels Today
Abby Messier | May 2019
Clear your development schedules and get ready for an extensive makeover on the Sabre Hotels you know today. On June 24, 2019, Sabre will be releasing Content Services for Lodging, a brand-new set of flexible lodging APIs delivering millions of property options, data normalization, and new search and agency preferencing capabilities. After working hand-in-hand with customers to gather feedback in our quarterly Lodging Partner Advisory Board meetings, we know that we’re giving you what matters most with an extensive amount of lodging content, more efficiency, agent control, helping your company increase revenue. This industry-changing technology will be a must-have to power your booking tool in 2019.
Don’t believe me? Here’s are six ways how you change the way your company books hotel using the new Content Services for Lodging APIs.
- Increase Your Lodging Options – Integrate millions of lodging property and rate options from GDS and aggregator sources such as Booking.com, Expedia Partner Solutions, and HotelBeds for an easy side-by-side comparison of rates. Agents can shop and book within one display, making active segments in Sabre regardless of the content
- Improve Agent Efficiency – Supporting attribute-based rate comparison across content sources allowing agents to quickly and efficiently find the best rate in one place. Delivering enhanced capabilities such as polygon searching and agency preferencing, enabling new shopping experiences and more effective workflows
- Provide a Modern Look and Feel – Get access to an improved data structure, richer content enabling new industry-compliant search and refinement options
- Plan for Growth – Receive new content fields describing the property and product options giving agents what they need to choose the best property for their traveler
- Get Something That’s Developer-Friendly – Offering a modern set of SOAP/XML and REST/JSON APIs; leveraging improved data structures and supported by robust documentation
- Increase Revenue Opportunities – Highlight in program rates and products that differentiate including value adds and loyalty
Note: For customers who currently access Sabre Hotel APIs today, we encourage you to start planning your migration to the Content Services APIs upon the June 24, 2019 APIs release. Existing Sabre Hotel APIs will be sunset soon. A final decommissioning date will be communicated no later than 90 days before the scheduled sunset.