Last modified: November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our privacy statement for this website. Sabre Inc. (the “Company” or “we”) operates the Sabre Dev Studio website (the “Site”), to provide a publicly available means for individuals that build applications to access Sabre’s application tool technologies related to usage of the Sabre travel marketplace for education and testing.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By using or accessing the Site, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement. If you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Site. Our privacy practices may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Statement) and your continued use of the Site is deemed acceptance of such changes, so please check the statement periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to develop Apps on our Site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site;
- Information we collect from you as you navigate through the Site, including areas of interest, description and name of application, and API functional area requested.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and
- Details of any messaging you undertake through our Site including via our user forum, help desk, or feedback process.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with e-mail or other messaging regarding additional products or services you may be interested in, either from us or from one of our strategic partners, including promotional e-mails or messages.
- To present the Site and their contents in a suitable and effective manner;
- To allow you to utilize features of the Site, if and when you choose to do so.
- To proactively contact you about doing business with Sabre.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with the Company, such as the following:
- Various affiliates of the Company;
- Service providers we use to support our business who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys; and
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which case personal information held by the Company about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
If we engage a third party to process an individual’s personal data on our behalf, that third party will be bound by our data privacy policies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation or when data is requested by government or law enforcement authorities;
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information, or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purposes. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your activities on the Site, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Site are of most interest.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement.
Cookies and Other Technologies
The Site, email messages we send you, and advertisements provided on the Site may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. For further details about how we utilize cookies and how to deactivate cookies, please see our Cookies Policy on our website. Please note that certain features of the Site will not be available once cookies are disabled.
We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
Accessing Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain accurate, complete, and relevant personal information for the purposes identified in this privacy statement. We make good faith efforts to make available for your review of personal information and to process requests for modification of inaccurate personal information provided to us through the Site. However, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Updates to your email address and password information provided at registration can be made directly via the Manage My Account function on the Site. Updates to your name can be made directly via an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any content, including personal information, may be visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you provide may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that personal information as soon as possible.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, California residents should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Sabre Inc., 3150 Sabre Drive, Southlake, Texas 76092 Attn: Privacy Office.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy practices on this page. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the privacy statement.
Please direct any questions or comments about this privacy statement and our privacy practices to us at:
- Privacy@sabre.com or
- 3150 Sabre Drive, Southlake, Texas 76092 Attn: Privacy Office